Friday 15 September 2017

Friday 15th September

Planning Our Own Days
In the Senior Room we have been planning our own days. We have a real variety of work to be completing that includes:
- Statistics work called Nosy Parker for maths
- Safari art
- Volcano safety work for reading
- Safety inquiry projects of choice for inquiry
- Curriculum Vitaes for writing

On Thursday 21st September in the afternoon we are going to pick one of the pieces of work we have been doing from a chosen curriculum area and share this with the rest of the class.

We are really enjoying planning our own days. When we get to school in the morning we get our devices and plan our days on our daily planner. We have to check the whiteboard first, incase there is something that might affect a part of our day, for example we are doing Clean Up New Zealand Week today in the afternoon therefore that is a set activity that we have to do.

It is really neat to do what we want, at the time of day we want to. People are doing all sorts of different curriculum areas throughout the day which is awesome to see. If we are collaborating on something we make sure we plan to work on that area at the same time throughout the day. Miss Ward is teaching us at the moment and she pulls people out to work with them as the day goes on, helping them with their learning.

Here are what some people think about the work we are doing and planning our own days:

"I like planning my own day because I get to choose what curriculum area I want to do at certain times" - Koben year 8

"I like that we can fit in whatever curriculum areas we want at whatever time. I know I have to fit in all the areas Miss Ward has set us" - Ashley year 7

"I like that I get to choose the work I have to do when I want to do it" - James year 7

"Getting to choose the work I do and at what time is awesome and I am enjoying the work that Miss Ward has set me to do" - Holly year 8

" I am very impressed at how well the Senior Room students have picked up the concept of planning their own days. It is fantastic to see they are enjoying the work they have been set and how hard they are working. The Senior Room is an awesome place to be!" - Miss Ward

Jonny doing his art.

Ashley working on his Nosy Parker maths work!

George doing his reading work and Cooper doing his writing.

Koben doing his Nosy Parker work for maths.

Students doing a variety of different work.

Alex working on his art.

No comments:

Post a Comment